Thursday, 16 August 2012

So what's next?

Well the Olympics have finished and I have to find something else to do with my time, well ... until the Paralympics start that is.

I've missed all the euphoria that we experienced with London 2012, I've missed the passion, the togetherness, oh and the sport. I loved every minute of it.

Now I am looking forward to the next stage of this tournament.
For whatever reason, unbeknown to me, there is nowhere near the same amount of media coverage as for the last couple of weeks. All the 24 designated Olympic channels have gone from our TV's and, as far as I am aware, we are left with channel 4 to follow our Olympians on.  I may be wrong there may be another channel as well, but significantly less than before.

It is such a shame as ticket sales has shot through the roof, which proves there is the interest in watching these games.

I don't understand why the two Olympic tournaments are not held at the same time, or one immediately follow the other. The Olympic flame has gone,



the Olympic rings have gone from Tower Bridge and the Olympic flag is now in Brazil and yet, as far as I am concerned the Olympics London 2012 has not finished yet.


So roll on 29 Aug - 9 Sept for we have more medals to win.

Come on Team GB



No comments:

Post a Comment