I've not had time for blogs this past week, something far more time consuming has taken my interest.
Does it really need spelling out.
I love sport, I am very, very patriotic and am absolutely glued to The Olympics. So my dilemma has been which sport to tune in to. My most favourite are Rowing, Sailing & Cycling and these events have been taking place, pretty much every day, at the same time.
Then last night I was wanting to watch GB v S. Korea in the mens football, Greg Rutherford in the long jump, Jessica Ennis in the heptathlon, Mo Farrah in the 10,000 meters track. How was I going to manage this.
Well, thank goodness for technology.
Last night I watched the football on the tv, the long jump on the BBC website, the heptathlon in a pop out media player and the 10,000 meters on my phone. I don't know how I have managed to watch previous Olympics, I know I've been as glued to them as this one, I suppose I was content to watch the high-lights when I couldn't watch the action live.
On Thursday night I even had a Liverpool football match to keep tabs on too, I had to make do with the LFC website audio commentary for that but that was ok, I know the style LFC play and I know the players like the back of my hand so was very easy to picture what was happening.
So far, this 2012 Olympics has been amazing. We've got Gold in the Men's cycling individual time trial, congratulations to Bradley Wiggins, as well as bronze, well done Chris Froome.
We've won Gold in the Men's Canoe Double, congratulations to Tim Baillie & Etienne Scott and we also won silver in this event, well done David Florence & Richard Hounslow
We've also won Gold in the Men's Double Trap, congratulations to Peter Wilson.
Sorry to go on, but ...
... we've also won Golds in the rowing. The Women's Lightweight Double Sculls , congratulations to Katherine Copeland & Sophie Hosking.
the Women's Double Sculls , congratulations Anna Watkins & Katherine Grainger
We won Gold in the Men's Four, congratulations to Alex Gregory, Peter Reed, Tom James & Andrew Triggs Hodge
Silver in the Men's Lightweight Double Sculls - well done to
Zac Purchase & Mark Hunter and Men's Lightweight Four so well done also to
Peter Chambers, Rob Williams, Richard Chambers & Chris Bartley
Bronze in Men's Single Sculls - well done Alan Campbell, also in the Men's Pair , well done George Nash & Will Satch and in the Men's Eight, well done to
Alex Partridge, James Foad, Tom Ransley, Richard Egington, Mohamed Sbihi, Greg Searle, Matthew Langridge, Constantine Louloudis & Phelan Hill
And it hasn't stopped there. As expected, we've won Gold in the Velodrome.
in the Men's Team Pursuit congratulations to Steven Burke, Ed Clancy, Peter Kennaugh & Geraint Thomas
And ... in the Women's Team Pursuit congratulations to Dani King, Joanna Rowsell & Laura Trott
Then last night within, it seem, minutes of each other, GB won Gold in the the Women's Heptathlon, congratulations to Jessica Ennis, the Men's Long Jump, congratulation Greg Rutherford & in the Men's 10,000 meters, congratulations to Mo Farrah
An amazing achievement, so far, in the 2012 London Olympics 14 golds, 7 silvers & 8 bronze medals.
The Women's Cycling Road Race gave us another silver, well done Lizzie Armitstead and so did the Equestrian Team Eventing, well done to
Nicola Wilson, Mary King, Zara Phillips, Kristina Cook & Willaim Fox - Pitt.
One silver and two bronze medals have so far been won in the pool. Congratulations to Michael Jamieson on winning his silver medal in the Men's 200m Breaststroke
An amazing achievement to gain the bronze in the Mens team Artistic Gymnastics, well done Sam Oldham, Daniel Purvis, Louis Smith, Kristian Thomas & Max Whitlock.
The competition is not over yet, will we see Ben Ainslie win yet another gold in the sailing? are there more to come in the Velodrome? Will Tom Daley win Olympic gold in the diving? Will we get the gold in the BMX cycling that we hoped to get in Beijing? We're guaranteed 2 medals in the tennis with Andy Murray in the singles final and Andy again in the mixed doubles final with Laura Robson. So many more opportunities & all so exciting.
Come on
Scott Brash, Peter Charles, Ben Maher & Nick Skelton
Beth Tweddle for winning the bronze in the Uneven Bars.
Update: 06/08/12 18:22
Jason Kenny wins the Gold in the cycling Men's Sprint - Well done Jason
Well done to Nick Dempsey who has won an Olympic silver medal in RS:X windsurfing class.
Laura Bechtolsheimer, Carl Hester & Charlotte Dujardin
Update: 09/08/12 22:37
Congratulations to GB's Jade Jones on winning gold in the women's taeqwondo
Hannah Mills & Saskia Clark in the womens 470 sailing class.
Update: 10/08/12
Sailors, Luke Patience & Stuart Bithell won silver in the men's 470 sailing class. Well done lads.
Update: 10/08/12
Well done to Anthony Ogogo for winning the bronze medal in the men's middleweight boxing.
Update: 10/08/12 22:22
Update: 11/08/12 09:30
And yet another gold medal for team GB, congratulations to Ed Mckeever in the Men's Kayak Single (K1) 200m
Update:11/08/12 13:12
Well done to Bronze medal winners Liam Heath & Jon Schofield in the Men's Kayak Double (K2) 200m.
Update: 11/08/12 19:47
Marvellous Mo Farah wins gold in the 5000 meters - double gold medal winner - fantastic.
Update: 11/08/12 21:07
Congratulations to Luke Campbell
Update: 11/08/12 21.58
Tom Daley
Update: 12/08/12 19:22
Well that's it for Team GB and medals, what an absolutely amazing achievement. Our goal was to win 48 medals, 1 more than in Beijing, the team have surpassed that with 65.
29 Golds, 17 Silvers & 19 Bronze.
Well done and congratulations to all the athletes, it has been wonderful to watch. Now I've just got the closing ceremony to enjoy.
A great image to remember the sportsmanship at the London 2012 Olympics. Bolt doing the Mobot & Mo doing the lightning Bolt. :)
And some fun

And a GOLD for you too for a fab olympic summary
ReplyDeleteHaha, that's the easy bit :)
ReplyDelete