Well this has been a funny week.
Over the few weeks I've been on the Consolidation Phase of the Dukan Diet, I have felt really ill the day after (or on one occasion day & half) having a celebration meal. I put this down to adding different foods back into my diet. However on Friday morning, whilst eating breakfast I became very ill again. I looked back over my weekly menus and discovered that over the last few weeks (although after a celebration meal) the breakfast I've eaten on the day of illness has been the same, oat bran porridge. So I came to the conclusion that my body is becoming intolerant to oat bran. I thought I was only having a bad reaction when the oat bran was eaten in porridge form, I've tried pancakes yesterday and this morning and I'm not as bad although not right, and the reaction time is not instant as with porridge. My tummy doesn't feel right, gurgling quite a bit & I feel like I need to drink lots of water to dilute the effect it is having on me, but I'll have to cope with that, I have to work within the hour. I was going to try porridge again to be certain but I think the effect the pancakes are having on me is enough of a confirmation. (if its not oat bran I have a problem with, then it's dairy)
Apart from the ill feeling this week, I have been a bit of a pig.
On Monday I went to lunch with my daughters and had sweet chilli chicken wrap & battered onion rings (was fab). I also finished off my box of fudge & box of chocolate truffles, which I did share...a bit. On Friday I had Chicken Strippers & Potato Wedges combo from Domino's pizza for my lunch (celebration meal) however I also had a chicken wrap with garlic mayo & chips for my dinner. (oops) On Saturday I went to a young man's (6yrs) birthday tea party and ate a few sausage rolls, gingerbread men, party ring biscuits, a few pringles and 2 slices of the most delicious chocolate cake, Mmmmmmmm, my mouth is watering just thinking about it.
My protein only day was Tuesday which I stuck to. On Wednesday I had a late lunch of shepherds pie with butternut squash mash, which was so filling that I didn't actually have a dinner. Sunday was a PV day which I stuck to (although I did have a tiny bit of chocolate).
All in all, how have I done weight wise this week?
Weight: 8st 10lbs
Weight Lost: .25lbs
Total Weight Loss: 1st 11lbs
Goal Weight: 8st 13lbs (although wouldn't mind being 8st 7lbs)
So still a quarter pound loss, which is amazing, however I did weigh myself towards the end of the week at one point the scales said 8st 13lbs, so it just goes to show, even with a total lapse in the diet, getting back on track for a couple of days brings the weight back down. Good to know, with Christmas around the corner.
I actually have no celebration meals planned this week yet, but if someone asks me to lunch at least I know I can say yes.
No comments:
Post a Comment