Friday, 29 June 2012

Salon Treatments - Swedish Massage

Probably the most often asked for treatment is Swedish Massage. No surprises for me there. I suffer with problems in my lower back as well as my shoulders & neck so for me there is no better treatment.  After just one treatment most of my clients notice a vast improvement in their muscular tension and feel virtually pain free.


Swedish Massage is an uplifting and energising massage that stimulates circulation and generates an immediate sense of well-being. Generally five styles of long, flowing strokes are used during this massage known as effleurage (sliding or gliding), petrissage (kneading), tapotement (rhythmic tapping), friction (cross fiber) and vibration/shaking.
           

           
*****
           

Massage therapy has been widely practised with its health benefits greatly valued, since ancient times. It encourages relaxation, helps reduce the effects of stress and brings about a feeling of well-being.  It has also shown to be helpful in reducing pain, joint stiffness & helpful to individuals with poor circulation.
           

           
Soft and deep tissue massage can give relief from many common complaints by stimulating the circulation, relaxing the muscles and nervous system, aiding digestion and improving mobility and flexibility.
           
Even with clients I massage every week I can honestly say no two treatments are exactly the same, as I massage over the muscles, I assess the needs & adapt the massage accordingly.           

           
There are many benefits to receiving Swedish Massage and everyone will notice them in different ways, however, some of the things you may experience are,
 an improved circulation, improvement with a sluggish system, improvement to skin tone and texture. An increased lymphatic flow which speeds up the removal of toxins from the body.
Muscle tone and suppleness is improved, reduction in muscular pain.
           

           
A Back, Neck & Shoulder Massage generally lasts between 20 - 30 minutes and a Full Body Massage lasting at least a full hour.


Other Holistic Blogs:
Aromatherapy Massage
Holistic Facial

Indian Head Massage
Health & Safety

No comments:

Post a Comment