So at the weekend I decided I really need to do something about my weight as it is slowly but surely creeping up again. I am now just over a stone & a half over weight - argghhh.
My cousins OH recently informed me of a diet she was doing and which seems to be pretty successful so I have decided to give it a go.
On Sunday I worked out a menu for the week and went shopping for food ready to start on Monday 17th September.
This blog may be boring for a lot of you but hopefully it will keep me on the straight and narrow.
The diet I am following is the Dukan Diet.
Basically it's a no carb, low fat diet - sounds pretty restrictive but I am still going to give it a go. I have tried the Atkins diet in the past which was ok and similar but on the Dukan, once you reach the 2nd stage you incorporate vegetables every other day so I am hoping that will make me a bit more successful than with the Atkins.
On the Dukan diet you are encouraged to drink at least a litre & a half of water a day - which is no problem for me as I do anyway. You are also encouraged to have, in the attack phase, 1.5 tbsp of oat bran a day & take 20 minutes of exercise.
So here goes:
Monday 17th September 2012
Weight: 10st 8lbs
Breakfast: Breakfast scramble plus a hot drink (no milk or sugar for me although you can have skimmed milk if you need it).
Lunch: Crispy Ham, Low fat vanilla yoghurt.
Dinner: Roast Chicken (no skin), Cinnamon Oat Bran Pancakes.
I completed a 37 minute walk in Letchworth which was 1.81 miles & supposedly, burnt off 142 calories.
I didn't feel hungry at all throughout the day and the food was all tasty, the cinnamon oat bran pancake was delicious, will definitely have that again. I bought the Oat Bran from Holland & Barrett as well as a packet of sugar free chewing gum for them moments when I feel the need for something sweet. I have to say I couldn't find oat bran in Tesco and was told that most supermarkets don't stock it.
Well my 1st day wasn't bad at all, lets see what day 2 brings ...
Read Day 1
Read Day 2
Read Day 3
Read Day 4
Read Day 5
Read Day 6
Read Day 7
Read Week 2
Read Week 3
No comments:
Post a Comment