Friday 30th November 2012
This 11th week of my Dukan Diet has been harder for me than any other week, it's because I am so used to eating Proteins one day & Proteins & Vegetables the next, that it feels really odd being able to have PV every day bar one. It also feels really weird having any celebration meals when they feel wrong to me now. To make matters worse my OH is still on the Cruise Phase of the diet and so I am cooking for him each day and it's hard for me to think what to put with my meals on his P days that won't be, sort of, rubbing his nose in it.
So what have I done this week ... well Monday would have been a P day (and so it was for my OH) and to be honest I didn't change anything - I classed it as my one P day this week.
Tuesday, being PV day for both of us was fine but Wednesday I was struggling to think what to eat different. I had the same as my OH but for my main meal I added peppers, Spring onions, soy sauce to my Salmon. Although I didn't have a celebration meal, I did defrost & eat the eccles cake that has been sitting in my freezer for a few weeks trying to tempt me - it was delicious. Thursday was another PV day, so no problem, but today (Friday) I am struggling again. I really didn't fancy eggs for breakfast but decided on scrambled eggs rather than porridge so that I can have my oat bran later. Lunch was tough, I ended up making Simple Pancakes hoping they would be lovely, but I actually didn't like them much and ended up throwing them in the bin, maybe I made them a little to thick, they felt a bit heavy and stodgy.
I did treat myself to 2 pieces of fudge after, to get rid of the taste in my mouth. I know fudge and Eccles Cakes aren't celebration meals but they are "naughties" that I've resisted for a long time.
I'm hoping after I do my food shopping at the weekend I will find this easier. It's weird because most people would be finding this easy but its just feels alien to me now to be eating "wrong" foods. Next Wednesday I'll be going for a meal with some friends so I shall be able to have a proper "celebration" meal then.
I have done some exercise this week, after my walk on Monday I also had a longer walk on Tuesday (in the pouring rain I might add) 1:09:54 covering 3.41 miles burning 239 calories. I should have gone out today, really, as the sky is blue and the sun is shining, very cold though, but, alas, I haven't.
Hoping next week will get easier. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment