Sunday, 7 October 2012

My Diet - Day 21 (End to a slow weight loss week)

Today is the 1st day on the diet when I have felt uninspired. I hadn't lost any weight when I weighed myself this morning and although since last Sunday I have lost a couple of pounds, I actually feel a little deflated. And ... then my footie team didn't get a win :(  (they drew) a no win always brings me down.

Sunday 7th October 2012

Breakfast: Turkey Rashers, Poached eggs, Cup of tea

Lunch: Roast Chicken, Roasted veg (carrot, onion, peppers, courgette) & Brussel Sprouts

Dessert: Lemon Cheesecake 

Snack: Oat Bran Porridge (I've not had this yet, as I'm writing, but I intend to have it this evening)

I didn't take a walk today, the same as previous Sundays, as I have covered the 30 minutes required in my other walks throughout the week.

I made the cheesecake and although it tasted ok, it didn't quite turn out how it should have. The base mixture was far too little to cover the base of a cake tin, so when eating it you hardly noticed the oat bran base at all, the top was just like lemon mousse. I will maybe attempt it again another day, however there is enough left for a few more helpings, so it won't be for a while. 

I've been reading someone else's blog on their Dukan Diet, seeing their pit falls and their achievements. I've come to the conclusion that adding salt to my food could well be the reason for virtually no weight loss this week (water retention), so I am not going to add any more salt to my dinners for a while and see if that helps. I've also been having carrots with my meals on PV days and just realised they are not on the permitted veggie list, so no carrots for a while either.  I've high-lighted the veg (below) that I have at the moment, so I do have others to choose over the carrots.

My OH had a large tub of fat-free yoghurt today thinking it was ok to have, however it wasn't. It was strawberry yoghurt, the flavour came from real strawberries, and there you have carbohydrate, I won't be allowing him to have that again.

Allowed vegetables include on Cruise Phase, PV Days:

  • Artichoke
  • Asparagus
  • Aubergine
  • Broccoli
  • Cabbage, Cauliflower, Brussel sprouts
  • Celery
  • Chicory
  • Courgette
  • Cucumber
  • Fennel
  • French beans
  • Leeks
  • Mushrooms
  • Onion
  • Peppers
  • Pumpkin
  • Radish
  • Salad leaves
  • Sorrel
  • Soya beans
  • Spinach
  • Swede
  • Swiss chard
  • Tomatoes
  • Turnip
Now that I've done a little better research I feel slightly better, lets hope my mood continues to improve & I hope tomorrow I feel a bit more enthusiastic.


No comments:

Post a Comment